Garlic Toast with Smashed Avocado
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 small cloves garlic, grated on a microplane grater
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley leaves
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 slices whole grain sandwich bread
- 1 ripe haas avocado
- red pepper flakes
Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley, pepper flakes, and salt in a small bowl and stir with a spoon. Spread mixture evenly over one side of each slice of bread. Toast bread in a 450°F toaster oven or regular oven until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Mashed up fresh avocado onto bread and sprinkle with red pepper flake.