2 Portobello caps (stems removed) and cut into 1 inch sections
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp. tamari (or soy) sauce
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar
Mixed greens salad (romaine, spinach, anything you want!)
Half of an avocado
1 tbsp. of each: rice wine vinegar, tamari and sesame oil, sunflower seeds.
1. Take first 5 ingredients and sauté or wok for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. This will create a nice glaze on the mushrooms but not turn them into mush.
2. Take the next 4 ingredients and toss together to make the salad.
3. Take the dressing ingredients into a glass jar and shake to mix.
4. Pour dressing over salad mixture, then top with the warm mushrooms. Garnish with some sesame seeds and cilantro. Eat immediately. The warm mushrooms will start to melt the avocado and it’s so yummy!!!
Sorry It’s been a while since my last blog…but I promise I’ve been testing out some new recipes! AND…. I have super bowl food on my mind. healthy vegan super bowl food but something to can feed the big hearty man in your life 🙂 Stay tuned for more and more recipes this week!!!
Vegan “Tuna” Fish Salad
Makes about 3 servings
1 cup raw almond (soaked in water overnight)
1 stalk of celery, finely diced
1 green onion, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, finely diced
1 tbsp. vegan mayo (I use the grapeseed vegannaise)
1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
1 tsp of lemon juice
Sea Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. Drain soaked almonds from water, put into food processor and process until finely chopped. It will actually resemble flaked tuna.
2. Mix all other ingredients together and then add almonds. Serve chilled.
I ate mine on apple slices, but you can put them onto cucumber cups, crackers, or bread!