I realized today that I haven’t done a blog in a little while that simply explained where I am in my life now! There are tons going on and it’s an amazing journey!!! My type A personality makes me want to organize this by numbering them…so here goes!!!
1. Tons of folks are purchasing the movie UnSuperSize me and it sincerely warms my heart to know that my story is helping to inspire others!!! Check out this trailer at WWW.UNSUPERSIZEME.COM. The movie can be purchased here for the upcoming gift season, or streamed online!
2. Carly and I have had tons of requests for public speaking appearances and film viewings. Last month we were in Tucson, Arizona, and got to see people’s reaction to the film first hand. It’s so interesting to see others reactions, since sometimes the things we find funny in the film aren’t funny to the audience and sometimes they laugh at things we did not realize was funny! But most of all, it was so inspiring to me to be able to answer questions during a Q&A session after the film. The questions were so thought out, and very honest. It was probably the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. They really cared about me and my journey! Check out a small clip of this session here
3. We have received tons of reviews…some even international stating how inspirational the movie is! This is such an honor!!!! Veganism, EyesIn Magazine, a German vegan site, RunSpiration, blogger Bianca Phillips, Podcast, Favorite Run Community and much more!!! We have been busy spreading the word and love it!! (Reminder: the message I’m referring to is how I lost 200lbs in one year using a plant based diet and exercise, which is explained in the UnSuperSize Me Documentary).
4. I completed my 5th Half Marathon, the Marine Corps Half Marathon in Jacksonville, FL.
5. Oh yeah….I COMPLETELY MY FIRST WHOLE MARATHON!!!!!!! The Marine Corps Marathon on October 27, 2013!!! My first race ever was the Gainesville Turkey Trot 10k on November 24, 2011. Less than two years later and I have completely a marathon. Check out the amazing medal!!
6. UnsuperSize Me was asked to be part of a newscast to spread the word further. What a great honor to be on the news and as a featured speaker at the Northeast Florida Veg Fest! Loved every moment!!! Click on the links below to watch some of our new presence!!!
First Coast News
But honestly most important to me, which was way I originally started this blog back in 2011 was to help open the line the communication about obesity. Life does not have to be hard. No one has to be imprison by physical or emotional barriers. Our goal with UnSupersize Me is to help show people the easy solution to a huge problem that has plagued our world. Just think about this…three years ago, I could not go up a single flight of stairs without being winded…and now I have completed a marathon! Please if you do nothing else for your health…just watch this movie in hopes that it will inspire you to make small changes and see big results. www.unsuperszieme.com.