I’m going to continue with thanksgiving recipes this week!!! You do not need to eat unhealthy during the holidays!! I promise you! And “homestyle” doesn’t need to be soft, savory, and sweet…..my home can be SPICY!
Roasted Acorn Squash with Chili Vinaigrette
- 2 (1 1/2 – to 1 3/4-lb) acorn squash
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh hot red chile, including seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1.Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450F.
2. Halve squash lengthwise, then cut off and discard stem ends. Scoop out seeds and cut squash lengthwise into 3/4-inch-wide wedges.
3. Toss squash with black pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl, then arrange, cut sides down, in 2 large shallow baking pans.
4. Roast squash, switching position of pans halfway through roasting, until squash is tender and undersides of wedges are golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
5. While squash roasts, mince garlic and mash to a paste with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer paste to a small bowl and whisk in lime juice, chile (to taste), cilantro, and remaining 1/4 cup oil until combined.
6. Transfer squash, browned sides up, to a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.