I can not believe that until I experienced the famous Pamela Perry’s stuffed mushrooms, I did not like mushrooms. Thanks Pam!!! Now I can’t get enough of them!
1/2 cup EVOO
2 lbs button mushrooms
1/2 dry white wine
3 sprigs of thyme
6 garlic cloves, sliced thin…(this is tough, but worth the work!)
zest and juice of 2 lemons
1. Large skillet with medium heat, heat half of the EVOO and then add shrooms, booze and herbs.
2. Cook about 3 minutes or until the booze is gone….don’t drink it!
3. Add sliced garlic and cook 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Toss mushrooms and garlic in the remaining oil. Let cool
5. Serve cooled in a nifty bowl (I like an antique seventies style glass…think amber glass!).