I recently got invited to partake in a 3 day group juice cleanse that someone does every season change, and as you all know, I recently moved to a state that actually has seasons, so I thought I would celebrate the changing leave colors with a good fall juice cleanse as well! Over time, I have formed my own few recipes that I prefer, but some of the rules are the same for me:
Rules of Juicing for me!
1. 70/30 veggie/fruit mix. This means that I make 70% of the juice out of veggie and 30% out of fruit. This helps me from upset tummies and weird sugar rushes.
2. I store the juice in glass, air-tight containers for no more than 48 hours. So I basically do a large batch of juicing at one time every two days. I know this raises the question “well how long does this crazy girl just drink juice!?!?”. I have found that a week, 7 days, is fantastic for me. It helps me clean out bad eating and stop any cravings that I may have had for bad stuff too! 3 days is too short for me, but works for most. Anything longer than 7 days and I start to not have the brain power and don’t feel as strong. But to each their own! There are people who do 28 day cleanses and it works perfectly for them!
3. Drink the juice! 4-6 of them a day. don’t let yourself get so hungry you cheat!
4. Drink the water too!!! Water will help all around!
5. Meditate during the cleanse, really feel what your body is going through. Tune into your feelings and thoughts.
Now onto some recipes!!! You can play with these to find the right mixtures that you like, but here are some of my favs!
Kitchen Sink Juice
Kale and Spinach
And when you are done, they look like this!!! Enjoy the colors!!!! Enjoy the added energy and body cleanse too!