Long time no talk! I so super duper apologize for not blogging sooner, but I have been absolutely loving my new locale: North Carolina. Today I heard tons of people complaining it was hot out…yeah it was 84 with a mountain breeze. That’s pretty much heaven to me!!! And this state actually has seasons!!! Big change from Florida. Along with the seasons are SEASONAL VEGGIES!!! A girl can’t ask for much more than that! I get to drive past THREE…count them….THREE different local farm stands on my way home from work everyday. Today I stopped by and this huge bunch of rainbow chard was talking to me. It was exactly like those Pier One commercials where the sock monkey talks to mid-20 something fashionable girl into buying him. Only mine situation was rainbow swiss chard screaming at this 30 something saying “damn I would look good in your saute pan with some garlic!”.
GARLIC RAINBOW SWISS CHARD
2 tablespoon of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed (ok you can do two cloves if you are whimpy!)
1 teaspoon of red pepper flake (I know, I know! almost all my recipes start like that!)
1 large bunch Swiss chard, ribs removed and chopped, leaves roughly chopped
Splash of red wine vinegar
1. Add the oil to a large saute pan with the garlic and red pepper flakes.
2. Cook over medium heat until the garlic turns golden. Remove the garlic and discard. Be sad because you just discarded garlic!
3. Add the chopped Swiss chard ribs and saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the Swiss chard leaves and season with salt, to taste. Cook until the leaves are wilted.
5. Stir in a splash of red wine vinegar. Serve immediately.