Huge news!!! I have moved to North Carolina and love it!! I have a wonderful boyfriend in the area, as well as his amazing family. There are awesome UNBELIEVABLE running trails. I have truly enjoyed moving to a new state and making some new friends. I have found some of my “go to” ingrediants, checked out the local farmers market today, and most importantly joined the local running group. Worse part of the move: POLLEN!!! While the netti pot works wonders, so does a nice warm soup!
I have tested a great low budget recipe in order to clear those sinuses and feel amazing….introducing
Garlic Ginger Soup
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 3 – 1 Inch Pieces of Ginger, peeled and smashed
- 5 Unpeeled Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 A Block of Extra Firm Tofu, drained, and pressed
- 2 Tablespoons of Tamari
- 4 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sriracha
- 1/8th A Cup of Chopped Cilantro
- 8oz Of Rice Noodles
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
1. Dice tofu into small squares.Add tofu, bell pepper, garlic powder, and ginger powder to a non stick pan. Cook until tofu is brown.
2. In a pot, add broth, ginger pieces, and unpeeled garlic. Bring to a boil and then turn down to low heat. Add soy sauce, sriracha, lemon juice, and cilantro to pot. Cover and continue to simmer.
3. In a separate pot, cook rice noodles according to directions on package. Add cooked noodles, tofu, bell peppers, and cilantro to the broth. Let sit covered for 5 minutes.
Stir, serve, and enjoy!