Warning: not the healthiest recipe below….but when it comes to SuperBowl (or any other festive event) you need to cater to your crowd…and I have a hungry man to feed! Now if I can sneak in some healthier options that tastes as well as the full fat version…I deserve a freaking trophy! and so I announce….
Beer Soaked Fries:
– 1 bottle beer of choice
– 3 russet potatoes [~1 3/4lbs]
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3T olive oil
– 1-1 1/2t salt
– 1/4-1/2t black pepper
1. Cut potatoes into fries:
Cut the potato in half, lengthwise.
Turn one half on it’s side.
Depending on how thick you want the fries, make 2-3 lengthwise cuts. [as pictured above – that photo was after cutting both halves]
Turn the half flat side down, so the cut pieces are stacked parallel with your cutting board.
Cut 3-4 lengthwise cuts, perpendicular to the previous cuts. [as pictured below]
Repeat with the other half.
2. Place cut potatoes into bowl, pour beer over potatoes and let soak for 6 hours, mixing occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Drain potatoes, once they have soaked up some beer, and toss with oil and seasonings
5. Bake for 15 minutes at a time, flipping to brown the fries on all side.
6. Bake 30-45 minutes considering how crispy you would like your fries.
7. Salt again when they come out of out the over and serve with favorite entrée or dipping sauce!
Here is Buffalo Cauliflower “wings” with the Beer Soaked Fries