1. I love beets because of the Red Ace Organic supplement that Carly Asse introduced me to a few years back. They have helped me hit all of my cardio PRs and my muscle recovery is way faster.
2. Carly has recently taken to drinking maple syrup during his marathon. I, personally, think this is crazy because a.) I’m very picky about my maple syrup and b.) wouldn’t that be too thick to drink during a run!?!?
But none the less I have found a recipe thanks to Natural Health Magazine!!!
Yellow Beet Salad with Warm Maple-Mustard Dressing
4 small golden beets
1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
1 small red onion
1 cup of pecans
6 oz of baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 425. Peel beets and wrap them in aluminum foil. Roast for 1 hour. Remove from oven, unwrap and slice when they stop steaming.
2. Combine mustard and syrup in microwave bowl. When ready to serve microwave for 30 seconds to heat up.
3. Peel and slice red onion.
4. Toast pecans in preheated pan over medium heat (about 5 minutes).
5. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach, top with beets, pecans, and onions…serve immediately!