For those of you that don’t know…I LOVE garlic. The more the better. Raw, roasted, sautéed, baked…any way I can get it…I want it! I even have a garlic tattooed on my wrist….
25 cloves of unpeeled garlic (or 8 whole heads of garlic)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 small yellow onions, diced
4 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoon of fresh thyme
1 lemon juiced
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne (or more if you like it hot!)
1. Preheat over to 325. Put first 25 gloves of garlic and coconut oil into a foil purse (basically wrap it all up tightly in foil…a few layers). Roast for about 45 minutes. Let cool, then squeeze the yummy “like gold” garlic cloves from their sweet little wrappers…yes this is like candy to me!
***Take a moment to smell how AMAZING your house smells at this point…haha yeah my house pretty much always smells like this.
2. Put 1/2 cup of the broth into a pan and sauté onions, thyme, ginger and cayenne till onions are clear.
3. Add all garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes more.
4. Add remaining broth, lemon and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
5. Blend in small batches and add coconut milk at end to make it creamy.