With the summer is full swing, my basil plant is now a basil bush! I needed to find a way to use it quickly! I researched and found a few recipes that gave me some inspiration for this one!
Avocado Pesto Mini Tarts
2/3 cups raw almonds whole
4 Tbsp. sesame seeds
4 Tbsp. flax seeds ground
4 Tbsp. sunflower seeds roasted/salted
2 small cloves of garlic, grated through micro plane
3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 Tbsp. Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive oil
S/P to taste
1. Add all ingredients into blender (I used the Ninja) and blend….duh!!!
2. Brush mini tart pan with olive oil and press crush into the pan (pan should hold anywhere from 8-12 tarts)
3. Place into fridge to prepare filling.
Filling…aka Avocado Pesto
3 cups of tightly packed fresh basil (I used a combination of Sweet Basil and Box Basil which is what I got growing like wildfire in my garden).
1/2 cup almonds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 garlic cloves
4-5 Tbsp. of cold press olive oil
2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Haas Avocados
S/p to taste
1. Blend all ingredients in blender (Ninja or Vitamix).
2. Spoon into chilled crust cups
3. Chill some more (at least an hour)
4. top with any seasoning you like and serve chilled (I like nutritional yeast and garlic salt).