As promised….here is a new recipe that I used to celebrate my birthday!!! So read this as “good date night recipe!” haha.
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
makes 3-4 large patties
1 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 1 cups)
1 Tbsp tahini
1 tsp agave syrup
1 tsp red pepper flake…this is my fav heat, but you can use any type of spicy you like
1/48cup wheat flour
a scoop of nutritional yeast
Plentiful Panko crumbs (make sure it’s vegan!!!)
safflower oil for pan
burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, Ezekial Bread, romaine
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings.
Note: yes this patty does fall kind of apart as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy.